The winter can be so brutal on our hair so here is what I like to use to try and keep my hair, soft and moisturized.
Pure Organic, Cold Pressed Castor Oil
Properties of Castor Oil for the hair:
- Improves Scalp Circulation - which can stimulate hair growth.
- Prevents Hair Loss - Castor Oil has anti fungal and antibacterial properties which are helpful in combatting scalp infections that lead to hair loss.
- Adds Shine - Castor Oil coats the hair shaft, which seals in moisture and gives a silkier, shiny surface :-)
- Moisturising hair - The Omega 6 fatty acids found in Castor Oil can help stop the scalp from drying out, and with regular use it encourages thicker hair growth.
- Stops Split Ends - The Vitamin E, Omega 6 fatty acids, proteins and other essential nutrients found in Castor Oil make it amazing for those prone to split ends, as it smooths rough cuticles and helps the hair shaft retain moisture.
How to use Castor Oil on the hair:
- Coat hair in Castor Oil and cover hair with a plastic cap, leave on over night and shampoo and condition in the morning.
- Apply a small amount of Castor Oil to the ends of the hair, style as usual.
- Add Castor Oil to your hair spritz with other oils such as Olive oil, Jojoba Oil, Coconut Oil, (or whatever your fave oil is)
- Add Castor Oil to your deep conditioner for an extra moisturising boost.
I loooove Castor Oil, I bought the Organic, Cold Pressed kind on Amazon from a company called Naissance. And I mainly use it every other day on the ends of my hair before bed...so when I take my satin scarf off in the morning my ends feel super soft and conditioned :-)
Hope you found this post helpful...
Until next time you can follow me on Twitter @BeautyBlogger_x and on Instagram @BeautyBlogger_xo